Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A new student review of Extracted (The Lost Imperials Book One) by Sherry Ficklin

jotaf posted a new student review of Extracted (The Lost Imperials Book One) by Sherry Ficklin. See the full review.

I really liked Extracted.  It was very interesting and exciting.  One thing I liked is how well the author developed the characters. One thing I didn’t like about it, though, was that every chapter swapped from Lex to Ember and Ember to Lex, which made it very confusing for me.  This book was sometimes predictable, but most times I couldn’t guess what would happen next.  Good descriptions were used.  I feel there were some editing problems on the editor’s part because some of the words that weren’t in quotations looked like they should have been.  I would recommend this book for ages 12 and up, because the content was a little on the mature side.