Saturday, February 22, 2014

A new student review of Kaleidoscope Me by Hillary K. Grigonis

JesusFreak posted a new student review of Kaleidoscope Me by Hillary K. Grigonis. See the full review.

When I first saw what the book was about, I was slightly doubtful that I would like it.  I’m more into the post-apocalyptic genre and wasn’t expecting to like Kaleidoscope Me. I’m glad I was wrong. I’ve noticed that in some books the author frequently strays from the pain the main character should be feeling when someone they love dies, but this never happened in Kaleidoscope Me. Jadyn’s pain was real and frequent as someone’s real pain would be. The beginning of the book caught my attention right away and made me very curious to see what would happen next. One of the things that I really liked was that things did not go in a straight order. Throughout the book you experienced what Jadyn’s thought process was like, how she could be thinking about one thing but then that one thought leads back to a memory in the past. I felt connected to Jadyn throughout the book, as if I were right beside her. I even got exasperated at her Aunt Nadine from time to time! Overall, this is a great book for preteens and teens and is beautifully written.