Saturday, February 22, 2014

A new student review of 2108: Eyes Open (eBook) by K.L. Glanville

Raphael posted a new student review of 2108: Eyes Open (eBook) by K.L. Glanville. See the full review.

After reading the first few pages of this book, I expected it to be a science fiction dystopian society book, such as 1984 or Fahrenheit 451. Instead, I was surprised with a futuristic alien version of Romeo and Juliet, where Jewel and Forge are kept apart by their species/governments. I thought this book had a good basic plot line, with many random twists, but overall this book was not what I expected. The ending as well felt quite sudden and did not seem to solve most of the problems, probably leaving room for a sequel. Overall this book would probably be enjoyed by any tween girl who would like a new spin on an old idea, however, this will not be one of my favorite books.