Saturday, October 12, 2013

A new student review of The Kingdom of Little Wounds

aschoenfeldt posted a new student review of The Kingdom of Little Wounds . See the full review.

Susann Cokal's historical fiction novel, The Kingdom of Little Wounds, begins with an intriguing plot line but failed to interest me as I read further. The original mystery of the princess's death captured my attention, but the other plot points, such as Ava's background and her dealings with the spy ring, left me confused and disoriented. I did, however, appreciate the narrative format, and how the chapters alternated between Ava and Midi's perspectives. I also enjoyed the placement of the stories that were not directly related to the main plot. I would recommend this book only to lovers of both fantasy and historical fiction who do not mind a complicated plot.