Tuesday, April 02, 2013

A new student review of A Monster Calls

JesusFreak posted a new student review of A Monster Calls . See the full review.

When I first got this book, my first thought was, this book is really small. And it was really short.  I finished it within three days. But, excluding the shortness, it was a very good book! I loved how it really got deep into your thought process and made you think. The only other things I didn’t like about it was that they never fully explained the whole concept of the Monster. Was the Monster just a figment of the main character’s imagination, or was it real? The other thing that I didn’t like about it was that the ending didn’t really feel like an ending. It just sort of stopped suddenly without further explanation. Other than that, a pretty good book.