Thursday, February 02, 2012

Wild Life

       Wild Life by Cynthia DeFelice is a book about a boy named Erik. Erik is preparing for his very first hunting trip, when he learns that his parents are being deployed to Iraq. Then Erik is shipped off to live with his grandparents, Oma and Big Darrell. When Erik finds a dog he later names Quill, he can t bear to be separated from her. When Big Darrell says Erik can t keep her, Erik runs away, taking the dog and his uncle Dan's hunting boots, camouflage jacket, gun, and a few boxes of shotgun shells.
       I think this book was exciting. I would have to say my favorite character would be Quill. Even though she's a dog, she acts like a human and is very loyal. She is very smart and is really strong. The thing I like the most is her will to help Erik survive. I wish I could have a dog like that. I would recommend this book for ages 11-14. I hope you will like it as much as I did.
Reviewer Age:11
Leopold, Mo United States