Monday, February 27, 2012

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey

Eloise has lived a normal life with her funky single mom, Jaz, and her two best friends, Devin and Jo. She also had no idea that faeries existed; that is, until she was abducted by Strahan, the king of Faery. Strahan wants to use Eloise as a bargaining chip to get Eloise's Aunt Antonia back to the Faery court. Antonia is the only one who can stop Strahan, who has yet to give up his crown after the maximum seven years of ruling. Eloise must figure out a way to escape and help Antonia defeat Strahan, before the conflict of the Faery world trickles into the human world.
I wanted to read Stolen Away because I previously loved Hearts at Stake, another book by Alyxandra Harvey. Unfortunately, I didn't think that Stolen Away was as good as the author's other series. I liked the premise of Stolen Away, especially because I don't read that many books about fairies. However, I wish the book was a little bit longer so there was more development about the Faery court and politics. That seemed very interesting but was just glossed over. I also wish the characters were developed a little more beyond some superficial characteristics. Other than that, I really enjoyed the action at the end, and the romance between Eloise and Lucas and Jo and Eldric added something extra to the novel. Overall, even though Stolen Away wasn't as good as I was hoping, it was still an enjoyable novel.

Reviewer Age:20
Reviewer City, State and Country: Aston, Pennsylvania United States