Friday, January 01, 2010

Saved by the Music by Selene Castrovilla

Saved by the music was about a fifteen year old girl named
Willow. Her mom kicks her out of the house for the summer,
so she has to go live with her aunt. Her aunt is making an
ugly coffee boat into a chamber music concert hall. And so
it begins. Willows struggle to lose weight, to find
friends, to live. She thinks it's impossible. The only
good thing about this place is Axel, the tall, sad
Shakespeare loving (and dare I say very very handsome) boy
who lives in a boat near Willow's. She tries to flirt
with him in her straight forward way on the first day she
meets him. When it doesn't work out with him, however, she
turns to Craig, the leery, stupid, piggy construction
worker whom her aunt hired to help her on the boat. As her
and Axel's relationship grows, so does her need for a
friend. When something awful happens to Willow, will Axel
stand by her? Find this out and more in Saved By The
Music.

I loved this book. It was the kind of read that
makes you laugh and cry out loud. I felt as though I was
part of the story as I read this 280 page book in one
sitting. Towards the end of the book, Axel does something
really stupid and I sobbed my heart out. When Willow
finally becomes happy I felt touched in the soul. This
book made all the emotions of the characters flow to you,
and I guarantee you won't be able to put it down.

Sexual Content, including rape
Crude Language

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State
and Country: Exeter, NH USA