Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Center Field by Robert Lipsyte

This book is a mystery, a romance, and an adventure all in one. I really like this book because of the way the author told the story. I recommend this to mature teens into sports.

This book is called Center Field by Robert Lipsyte. I think the author did achieve his purpose, which was to tell the reader a little more about baseball. The plot of the story caught my attention very well. Actually, I am into sports and I always wanted to try out baseball. And as soon as I read this book, I fell in love with it. This book to me was very moving, because Robert Lipsyte wasn't afraid to make the book his own and create a teen story. And I also felt moved that I'm not the only one who feels that way about sports, and how Mike was relating to kids at his school. This book is about Mike Semak, a regular guy in high school, who is living the dream being on a baseball field like he is on the top of the world. I really liked the ending of the story because, Mike gets the girl he was dreaming to have. Though his friends tease him for it,he thinks, maybe it doesn't matter what they say. Mike sticks up for himself, and shows everyone who is boss. I actually loved every part of this book.It had me ripping through the pages to see what Mike was going to do next. I think anyone who reads this will love it, but I know young sports fantics will die to read it.

Reviewer Age:13Reviewer City, State and Country: Mineola, Texas USA