Monday, December 07, 2009

We Were Here by Matt De La Pena

This is the best book I have ever read in my whole life. Matt de la Pena, made the book connect with readers and had a very interesting story behind it all. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good story, with a thrill around every corner.

This book is called We Were Here by: Matt de la Pena. It's about a young boy named Miguel, who has made some mistakes in his life, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings too. Miguel gets sent to a group home for his big mistake, and meets up with a few other guys that have messed up too. Later on in the book, Mong, the crazy kid who smiles weird and fights all the time, and Rondell, all brawns and no brains kind of guy, escape the group home. There are many twists and turns for Miguel and his friends, but in the end, something unthinkable happens, and changes the meaning of the entire book. This is my favorite book of all time. I loved it so much, and I understood everything that happened. Matt de la Pena relates to teens well. I recommend this book to anyone of teenage years, you won't regret it.

Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Mineola, Texas USA