Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blue Plate Special by Michelle D. Kwasney

Madeline, Desiree, and Ariel are three girls living in 3 different time periods, but dealing with the same problems. Madeline just wants to fit in and be like the popular cheerleader girls at her school, but being overweight doesn't allow that chance. Desiree strives to be the perfet girl for her perfect boyfriend, Jeremy, despite what her mother thinks of her. Ariel longs to be the best girlfriend she can be to her new boyfriend of only two months. Facing many challenges, the three girls strive to keep their teenage years alive.

This book was very well written. The whole time I was reading it, I felt as though I was right there with each of the girls. Everything was perfectly planned out to give a sense of suspense and to also tie the loose ends together in the end. I would most definitely recommend this book to other readers, especially teenage girls, struggling with self confidence. It really touched a special place in my heart and I can honestly say it is the best book I have read so far.

There is a great deal of foul language used in this book, but I think every teenager can handle it. It is also used in the correct circumstances, adding the right mood to the book. Without it, this book wouldn't be the same.

Reviewer Age:16
Reviewer City, State and Country: Newville, Pennsylvania USA