Monday, October 12, 2009

Switch

Claire Martin isn’t a normal teenager. She might appear to be one with her overworked mom, awkward body, and secret crush, but every time Claire gets near an electrical storm, her soul switches bodies. This is already bad, but to make matters worse, she’s now stuck in the body of the tall, thin, and blonde Larissa, who just happens to be the guy her crush, Nathan, likes. Now Claire has to try to get her body back, and more importantly convince herself she wants to.

I really enjoyed reading Switch. I loved the main character, Claire, and I constantly found myself laughing aloud at her sarcastic comments, and annoyed-no-matter-what nature. The author did a great job of giving the reader an understanding of the main character and who she was. The book seemed to be about a regular teenage girl with a problem, and, mistake and all, this was how she dealt with it. Although it was a good book, I didn’t feel like the ending wrapped the whole story up, and I really wished she would have spent more time with her crush and her peers in her own body. I also didn’t really think some of the language was important for the flow of the book, but overall I think it was an interesting book with a lot of really good moments.

The book had some mature language, and sexual content.

Content: 2
Rating: 6
Reviewer Age:13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Springtown, Texas United States