Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Lucky Breaks by Susan Patron

Lucky is a 10 year old girl living in a little town
called Hard Pan. Her best friend Lincoln is working on a
secret netting project and might move to England. Lucky's
other friend, Miles, is turning six and his birthday is
around the same time as Lucky. He wants to have a birthday
party for both of them and invite the whole town. Lucky's
mom is French and is trying to become more American. Lucky
is almost 11 and doesn't have any friends who are girls.
When a new girl named Paloma visits, Lucky thinks she might
find another best friend. Lucky is a huge fan of Charles
Darwin and wants to be just like him. She loves going on
adventures and even named her dog after his ship, the HMS
Beagle. When Lucky tries to find to find a missing artifact,
half of a famous brooch in a well, she runs into trouble.
Will she be alive for her birthday party? Read this amazing
story that kept me guessing until the end.
I thought this book was a great story. The only problem was that it
didn't really get exciting until I was at the middle of the
book. I like how the story ends in a way I didn't expect.
The characters and the setting was described well. I could
picture the town and the characters in my mind. I think this
is a great book for people who love
adventures.

Reviewer Age:12
Enon, OH USA