Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MY BROTHER ABE by Harry Mazer

Have you ever wondered what Abe Lincoln's life was like when he was a kid? If so, My Brother Abe is a good book for you. In this book Harry Mazer writes from Sally Lincoln's, Abe's sister, point of viewand you are reading her diary. This book is easy for kids to understand because it is written like a kid would write something. You also get to see the problems the Lincoln kids had to face every day, from moving to bickering amongst themselves.

My Brother Abe was a pretty good book, but there were some boring parts. It was a good easy read. If anyone wants a book they could read in an afternoon, I would recommend My Brother Abe. If you aren't at all interested in history, don't read My Brother Abe. If you like historical fiction or enjoy learning about presidents then this book is the right book for you.

Reviewer Age:12

Reviewer City, State and Country: Harleysville, PA USA