Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wow! This book is amazing! In this book a fourteen year old girl, Savvey, tries out for an eighteen year old basketball elite team and makes it. Then her older sister, Callie, tries out for cheer leading but just barely makes it because she is too heavy. When Savvey plays in her game, Callie gets mad because Savvey becomes the star of the game and gets all the attention. During one of her games, steroids mysteriously appear in her bag at half-time. In the end, the book tells who put the steroids in Savvey's gym bag.

The reason I think this book is good is because it has a great sequence of events. The fact that steroids magically appeared in Savvey's gym bag during the middle of the game kept my attention. I wanted to know how the drugs got in the bag. I hoped that she didn't take steroids because she was a great athlete and the team needed her. She proved that she could be a great player without taking drugs. This book was really interesting and it kept me on the edge of my seat.




Reviewer Age:11
Reviewer City, State and Country: Leopold, MO USA