Saturday, December 27, 2008

Vidalia in Paris

Vidalia's life is great for her, but it is full of stress. She just won a scholarship to study art in Paris during the summer. Her mother is extremely needy and relies on Vidalia way too much; Vidalia is happy to have a break from that. In Paris, Vidalia meets two boys. One is named Julien, who she thinks of as just a friend, and the other is Marco. She falls for Marco rather quickly; however, Vidalia also learns of his career as an "art dealer." Her relationship with Marco overpowers her feelings toward his illegal behavior. Can Vidalia maintain her life as it has been and help Marco with his problem?


This romance book was, to me, extremely appealing. Normally I do not like books that are realistic. However, "Vidalia in Paris" reminded me so much of my own life. I believe that anyone could relate the characters to themselves or people that they know. The realness of the book made the plot so much more intense and exciting. I take French classes in school, and I was happy to read the bits of French that were scattered in the dialogue. Though the book is not very short, it could be finished rather quickly. I thought that the ending of the story was the way that it needed to end; it was realistic, depressing, and beautiful at the same time. I recommend this book to people who speak French, are interested in French culture, or who like romances.

There are sexual scenes and thievery.

Reviewer Age:15

Reviewer City, State and Country: Carlisle, Pennsylvania United States of America