Friday, December 05, 2008

The New York Yankees by Matt Christopher

The reason I love this book is because of all the facts that were given. I liked learning that the Yankees won 26 World Series and 39 pennants. Another fact given was when Babe Ruth called his shot to center field, and then on the next pitch he hit it right where he pointed! That was a really good story. I never knew the New York Yankees had such a history.

I loved the stats given at the end such as the Hall of Famers and their regular season results. I even keep stats myself, mostly of the Cardinals because they're my favorite team. It's fun to see what today's players like Albert Pujols are doing compared to the great players of years ago like Babe Ruth. This book will be enjoyed by many sports fans.

Reviewer Age:11
Leopold, MO USA