Sunday, December 28, 2008

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

The adventure of the Dragon Rider, Eragon, and his dragon, Saphira continues in this third installment of the Inheritance series. In a time of chaos and war, it is up to Eragon to secure the Varden, create alliances, and discover secrets. In this novel, Eragon matures into the strong and determined warrior necessary to save his friends and family from the evil clutches of the Empire.

When I saw that there was a third novel about Eragon and his adventure, I was thrilled! I loved the first two books and I had high hopes for this one as well. Brisingr, however, was not my favorite. There were some wonderful plots and surprising twists, but sometimes the reading was tedious. There were many graphically violent and bloody battles that were not my cup of tea. I do, however, still love the characters and I am therefore excited to see what will happen in the fourth and final installment of the Inheritance series.

Reviewer Age:17

Reviewer City, State and Country: Phoenix, MD United States