Saturday, February 02, 2008

Do The Math: Secrets, Lies, and Algebra

In the book, "Do the Math: Secrets, Lies, and Algebra,
the main character is a girl named Tess. Tess' mother
works as an artist for a man named Rob whose wife, Nina,
has just died. Tess' mother lets Tess in on her secret
that she thinks Rob killed Nina. Tess' mother had heard
Rob's story but it wasn't convincing at all. However, Tess
is not to tell anyone of her mother's suspicion. Having a
secret is not easy for Tess and she ends up telling her two
best friends, Sammy and Miranda. Sammy lets it slip to
Lynn, the loud mouth at school, so the rumor is spread to
everyone! Tess realizes she can't trust Sammy with secrets
anymore. Tess' mom finds out that Tess told as well and
gets really mad. After many twists and turns, Tess leans
some valuable lessons. I guess you'll have to read the
book to find out what those lessons are and what really
happened to Nina!

I loved the book. The book was not a book that I
wanted to put down because something exciting happened with
each turn of the page. It was nice knowing that other
girls go through the same things I do at times. It also
reinforces the fact that people should not spread rumors,
especially when they don't have all the facts. This kind
of book is the kind that makes me happy and sad at the same
time. I felt sad that people were hurt for saying things
that weren't true, but at the same time, friendships were
made stronger. These are just some of the reasons why I
loved the book. I know if you are a girl like me, you will
love "Do the Math: Secrets, Lies, and Algebra
too.

Rating: 10

Content: 1

Reviewer Age:13

Reviewer City, State and
Country: Newville, Pennsylvaina United States