Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Clan Ground by Clare Bell

Thakur is concerned about the Red Tongue's power over the clan. Ratha leads the clan but her position is threatened by a newcomer named Shongshar whose life she spares. Thakur and Ratha grow closer as the clan grows strained and the Red tongue and Shongshar grow more powerful. Thakur learns a new way to tame the Red Tongue, but it is met with hate in the clan. As the clan becomes more violently divided, Ratha and Thakur must decide how to regain control.

This novel was very enjoyable. It is one of the best fantasy novels I have ever read, and probably one of the best novels I have ever read in any genre. It is great for someone who loves animals because the characters are animals, but they still have quasi human personalities. It is a generally well thought out novel. Though it is the second book in a series and I would recommend reading the previous one first, I enjoyed the novel despite the fact I had not read the first one. I am going to go back and read the first novel and then continue the series because I enjoyed it so much.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 9

Reviewer Age: 13
Reviewer City, State and Country: Royersford, Pa United States