Thursday, August 02, 2007

Lavender-Green Magic by Andre Norton

Holly Wade, her sister Judy, and her brother Crockett are in a bad mood. Their mother is sending them to live with their grandparents while she goes and works in a different town. While Judy and Crockett start to adjust to living in a junkyard and going to school, Holly refuses to enjoy anything. When she and her siblings find a magical pillow and mysterious maze things start changing drastically, but not necessarily in a good way.

It took me a little bit to get into this book, but once I did it was a cute read. Mazes have always interested me so I enjoyed reading what Andre Norton thought up. Another thing I liked was the insights into African-American culture. Some very good lessons I got from this book were how to distinguish good and evil, listen to your heart, and believe in your family.

Rating (0 - 10 scale): 6

Reviewer Age: 15
Reviewer City, State and Country: , North Carolina USA